Give your home a feeling of elegance, mystery, tranquility and beauty after dark!
Low voltage lighting landscaping systems are safe, economical, energy efficient and provide numerous benefits for homeowners:
- Lighting provides safe access near paths, drives and entry areas.
- Outdoor lighting increases security by discouraging potential intruders.
- The beauty of garden and home can be greatly enhanced by showcasing architectural and plant features with dramatic lighting techniques.
- Your property value increases with the use of low voltage lighting.
- Unique lighting design makes your home stand out in your neighborhood.
- Properly designed lighting expands your outdoor entertaining options.
Some of the lighting techniques we use:
- Uplighting – Focuses light and attention on an object from a low fixture location.
- Path Lighting – Low to the ground fixtures direct illumination down and outward. These fixtures are shielded on top to prevent glare. This type of lighting is used along walkways, stairs and anywhere else that safe night access is required.
- Down-Lighting, or Moon Lighting – Usually accomplished with bullet type fixtures placed above eye-level on a structure or in a tree.
- Backlighting, or Silhouette Lighting – This type of lighting provides a special effect by illuminating fairly large surfaces (such as a wall) using a wash light fixture.
Shadowing – This type of lighting also uses lights directed towards walls, but they are placed above objects so that shadows play on the surface of the wall.
There are numerous other techniques and combinations that are available to increase your home security, safety, enjoyment and value. The practical and aesthetic effects created by low voltage lighting are limited only by the creativity of the designer and your own imagination!
Why hire GreenTouch Lawn & Tree for your outdoor lighting project?
If you want a fantastic low voltage outdoor lighting system specifically tailored to your lifestyle, home and landscape, you’ll get exactly that. We specialize in premium quality, high-performance low voltage lighting landscape systems built to last. You won’t receive anything average; our lighting foreman is one of the most popular, in-demand landscape lighting designer/builders in Lawrence, KS. In fact, most of the new clients we get are referred to us by other clients we’ve served.
Over time, your investment in a quality low voltage lighting system will prove to be a far greater value than the average alternative. You’ll have a lower maintenance, more durable, energy efficient and trouble-free system that adds value and equity to your property should you ever decide to sell. Low voltage lighting systems make excellent additions to your landscaping design.
Landscape Lighting FAQs
Q: What is a monthly cost of electricity needed for landscape lighting?
A: We design our landscape lighting systems with energy efficiency in mind. Even our larger, more elaborate systems will not add more than $15 per month to your electrical bill.
Q: Why does solar lighting not work?
A: Simply put, it is a matter of physics. The bulb and the battery inside are just too small. To obtain a usable amount of light to adequately illuminate the subject requires a level of power that the small battery inside solar fixtures just cannot supply. Though very efficient, it still produces an insignificant amount of light; barely enough to make the fixture faintly glow. To do it right takes some power, although surprisingly less than you might think.
Q: Will an outdoor lighting installation tear up my yard?
A: No. We do all of our work by hand with the utmost care. We do not use any heavy machinery in our installations. Many of our customers have commented in the past that they never would have known we were there if it wasn’t for the beautiful nighttime lighting effects we left behind.
Q: Do you use and/or offer LED lamps?
A: Yes. These revolutionary lighting sources have been gradually increasing in intensity and in recent years development has made great strides. We offer, as an option, LED bulbs that use a fraction of the power for the same output. The most amazing thing about LED lighting is that it last a very long time. Typical bulb life is 50,000 hours compared to 4,000 to 10,000 for standard halogen bulbs.